Candace Lee Egan
Department of Mass Communication
California State University, Fresno.
I teach courses in multimedia and video production, online media design, new media technology and media in popular culture.
This site is a companion to my MCJ 178 New Media Technology course which looks at how innovations in media technology have been at the root of many major information revolutions over the millennia. From the convergence of writing and papyrus in the 8th century B.C. to the convergence of the Internet and mobile technology, we look at how innovation and change in media technology effect ourselves, society and the field of mass communication.
The purpose of this site is to provide former students, who are interested in the topics of this course, with ongoing updates of relevant articles and videos related to the class.
These channels contain videos I produced:
- Candace Egan Digital Professor: My video and photo projects.
- Media Production Basics: Instructional videos for shooting and editing video.
- Northstar Tennis: Promotional videos for the Northstar Tennis Camp.
Projects produced by my students:
- Fresno State MCJ: MCJ 115 Electronic Field Production “Mini Doc”, “Movie Opening”, and “Final Project” videos.
- MCJ 30a: Introduction to Multimedia Production “Photo Essay” and “Montage” videos.
- MCJ 30 A: Introduction to Multimedia Production “Bulldog Question of the Day” man-on-the-street interviews.